Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Teapot Cozy

Last week Heather over at Books and Quilts featured a very cute teapot cozy I want to make. It reminded me of the one I crocheted 40 years ago, this is it! You can probably tell it's vintage easily by the '70's colors, LOL……………...

I told Heather I would take a pic. and I am using it to join in with Needlework Tuesday.
It does seem a shame though to use it to cover up my Grandma's lovely old Royal Winton teapot!
I'm not sure of the age of this teapot, what the numbers indicate etc, but I am curious.  I don't know if Grandma brought it to Australia with her from England at some point, I never thought to ask her when she was alive and she died in 1967.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Lovely tea cozy - I always envy anyone who can knit and/or crochet. My attempts have been pretty pitiful. But I agree - shame to cover up such a beautiful teapot. I don't know what the markings mean either, but it is a treasure.

Glad you linked up with Heather so I got to see your beautiful work.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing both the teapot and cosy. I wonder if the numbers on the bottom represent both the post shape and the decorative pattern. From it you could probably determine the date when it was made.

Great tea cosy. I have had the same three that my sister made me years ago. I do love them and use them all the time, but I have seen such fun patterns and want to make a new one each month this year. Just for the fun and a little challenge helps get me moving.

thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday. Now to get working on this months cosy.