Saturday, April 19, 2014

Weekly Report

Having not posted any quilting progress all week I wanted to show that I haven't been totally indolent!
Most quilters are not the most fond of the final process of binding application
and even though I have developed a less ponderous method entirely by machine, still I tend to put it off a bit. Then my OCD kicks in and I must take care of them! Consequently my procrastination had led to three quilts lacking bindings and only one had the binding prepped.
So in addition to watching over the Boy I managed to complete bindings on all three quilts this week- now I just need to get caught up on those tops awaiting their turn on the longarm!
Below are the results of my sewing this week.
 Easy Street, a Bonnie Hunter Mystery from 2013………..
 NYE 2013 Mystery……...
Celtic Solstice, with my addition of a piano key border. This is the most recent BH mystery, it's a very scrappy quilt and now has a very scrappy binding!
A couple of months ago I was the blessed recipient of a $100 gift certificate to The Loopy Ewe from Judy Laquidara, a result of her generosity to QOV contributors. Judy had Alycia, CO. QOV coordinator draw three names of QOV makers to receive a gift certificate. My friend Meredith got one and couldn't wait to use hers, but I waited, shopping thoughtfully in the wonderful selection at the store hardly daring to make the decision there were so many calling to me!
I was particularly attracted to the Eclectic Elements collection by designer Tim Holz and chose three from there.
The 4th one in this bundle is from Andover's Downtown Abbey line, called The Dowager's Paisley Black, I really like that one so I got two yards.
Two of Timeless Treasure Tonga Batiks,  Black Panel and Jasper Panel were irresitible,
and rounding out my treasures, Nature Trail from Cloud Nine and Deep Blue Sea a batik from Moda.
Nothing I like better about shopping than doing it in my jammies!
Thanks Judy, you are a treasure!

1 comment:

Andee said...

Congrats on your win...with all you do for QOV you deserve that!