Monday, April 6, 2015

A New Project!

This is the perfect moment to begin a new project, since my right knee is in very bad shape at the present I decided I would prop up the right leg and sit and sew with my left foot! It does feel a little odd to a right handed person, the biggest problem I have is failing to lift my foot off at the correct moment!
This is the pattern I chose because the fabrics had already been prepped for a retreat last year then I found there wasn't time to get to it. I do not remember the name of the pattern, or where I got it but I suspect it may have been one of those freebie inserts that come with magazine subscriptions.
It's made up of these simple blocks, HST's and squares. I had saved the pattern because I thought it would be a great example for some modern quilting techniques.
 It needed eight different half yard prints and I had won these beauties called "Rose Parade Half Yard Bundle" in an online contest at Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog two years ago [they have gorgeous, yummy fabrics!]
Exactly eight half yard pieces, perfect! Combined with WOW already on hand it was the exact fit for this design, how rarely does that happen?

So I sat and sewed yesterday afternoon and again this afternoon for a while, now all the blocks are pressed and trimmed and these few on the design wall. OMG.
I really love this quilt and can hardly wait to try some modern quilting ideas on it.
Tomorrow perhaps I will get it all pieced together

1 comment:

Heather said...

These look wonderful and so different with the fabrics you selected.

THanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.