Saturday, June 18, 2016

Talkin' Turkey!

This is Angela's setting for her Turkey Tracks blocks,  it is a bright, scrappy traditional quilt. Not sure how long she worked on this, there are a lot of little pieces, maybe a year or so I know it was quite a while!
With four separate pieced borders I was at first inclined to simply  quilt it edge to edge but after I loaded it on the longarm I changed my mind and quilted all four borders separately, though it's quite hard to see that.
The main body of the quilt is freehand peacock feathers
I really like the backing, the quilting actually shows, whereas the front is so busy no thread color would have been effective so I used a neutral.
 Before beginning this quilt I did some maintenance on the longarm above and beyond the standard, replacing both the original tensioner unit [nine years old] and the bobbin case -the latter only seem to last a couple of years before becoming unreliable. Now the tension is perfect no  bottom loopies, so I am a happy and confident longarmer again!
There is a little progress to report on my new bed quilt, the blocks are now sewn into rows and pinned on the design wall so perhaps I will get that together next week before our Boston family arrive for a visit.

2 comments:

Andee Neff said...

It looks great!!

cityquilter grace said...

love that talkin' turkey....