Monday, September 19, 2016

The Borders Are On!

Finally this quilt top is ready for the longarm and I discover I have no more KS wool batts, argh! Not very good planning on my part but I ordered a box and it should be here Friday from the East Coast.
The quilt will be plenty long enough for a generous pillow tuck, DH hates frou frou pillows never knowing what to do with them at bedtime! I am very pleased with the overall result, the colors blend perfectly with the rest of the room's decor, wall color, art over the bed and the beautiful barn door made by DH with "blue-stain beetle kill pine".
The backing  for this quilt is already here and I have no excuse not to embroider the label before I quilt it. My dear brother arrives from Australia in two weeks for a visit and I want to have  as many  projects as possible cleared out by the time he arrives.
Meanwhile there is a small charity quilt I need to complete for my quilt group and that goes on next,  followed by the construction of another KS for second grandson and wife recently wed last month! I ordered the fabrics and they should be here by Wednesday, unfortunately I had insufficient stash fabrics for a blue Tumbling Blocks quilt.
 These are what I have ordered, I am going for a specific look that requires little contrast between to two lighter fabrics so I am hoping these will work or else I will be searching some more!
The meet-up group I recently joined has a retreat in the White Mountains the end of this month and the tumbling blocks quilt will be a good project to work on.

No comments: