Tuesday, April 25, 2017

BJ's Kaleidescope

It took several weeks to complete this quilt owing to my restricted activities post-operative of total knee joint replacement. I found myself limited to short periods of quilting even using the ergonomic saddle stool, very frustrating for someone who just likes to "git 'er done" LOL. This is the third of this design that I have quilted, including one of my own. Each received a different quilting design and color of thread.
  Superior's Fantastico trilobal thread in a dark grey shows enough without being "in your face", my favorite thread now for black quilts. The batting is Heirloom black 80/20.
 The same thread was used in the bobbin. 
 Freehand feathery flowers edge to edge, BJ does not like tight, formal or modern style quilting but prefers the more casual free flowing look.
Now I am back to working on the Hunter Star quilt, managed a few more blocks yesterday at my MeetUp group.......
 as well as the April BOM for 35th. Ave Sew 'N Vac.

4 comments:

Andee Neff said...

Bj's quilt looks great! I need to fix that border on mine.

Andee Neff said...

Bj's quilt looks great! I need to fix that border on mine.

Miri said...

Love the quilting...like clover leafs. I'm finally back-I've been looking but just didn't write-too hard lying down:)

Heather said...

you did a lovely job of the quilting, it sets off the design nicely.