Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Pajama Quilter!

That was me yesterday, I spent the day with my new BF, the Prodigy Quilter. I am getting to know Lady Prodigy and finding new things I like about her and figuring out the ins and outs of a new-to-me machine.
It was the Labor Day holiday, DH is out of town and I had no other place I needed to be so I stayed in my PJ's until bedtime, shower and another pair of PJ's!
Of course a little wine helps the quilting go even better, only a little though do not want to quilt any body parts!
This simple baby boy quilt is for another new child at church, Wyatt was baptised last month as well as a little girl-her quilt is on the longarm next.
Freehand peacock feathers in Superior King Tut Blue Nile, just needs binding now.
I finished piecing this full size quilt last week, 84"x112", it is a Missouri Quilt Company Youtube video and it's called "The Big Star Quilt"!  I enjoyed this fast and easy pattern and am happy with the way it turned out. No borders since it's already the perfect size.
It is one of two I am making for our Pastor who needs to replace two old quilts his Grandma made decades ago that are falling apart.
I want to use Quilter's Dream Angel batting in the lightest version and as I have no appropriate size batts in QD Angel I had to place an order - it probably will not be here for a week but there are always plenty of projects in line never fear!
Meantime, it's off to the gym for me!

No comments: