Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A little Aussie Quilt

A few years ago I kitted up a selection of Aussie wildflower fabrics along with a few others that fell within the same colorway. Its one of the projects I took to quilt retreat and sewed up this 47"x57" girlie looking quilt from an idea in an Australian quilting magazine.
Yesterday I got it quilted super fast with an Edge to Edge freehand folk-art flower, and bound it this morning because I woke at 6.40 am and didn't want to go to the gym that early!
 I used a sagey green 50wt.thread on top and pink in the bobbin. Again the Prodigy stitching is so great that neither thread showed through in "pokies", I am loving Miss Prodigy!
Bound with the same fabric as on the back, most of that well aged piece is now gone from stash- for those of us who are "curators of extensive private textile collections", every time you use up a fabric you must replace it with a new one doncha know?!
Just in time, I have a couple of new fabrics arriving tomorrow to do the Bonnie Hunter mystery.

No comments: